Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A little of this...

After a great shift at Kool Beanz Cafe today I met my mom at Sahara Cafe which I absolutely love. I first went there years ago with one of my best friends, but lately I have been frequenting it more and more. It's located behind New Leaf Market on Lafayette, near Magnolia. I cannot tell you how much I adore this place. It's a little hole in the wall (are you starting to see how I love these little dives?? :) anywhoo... We each got the Vegetarian Sampler...you get to choose 4 of the vegetarian appetizers, which is usually too much for me... It's about $19 but I always have leftovers. We had a feast of falafel, spinach pies, Mujadarra (which is lentils, rice and onions, they spell it differently on their menu but this is what the all-knowing wikipedia told me :) and Foul Mudammes (a fava bean dip...yum :) They also have hummus and baba ganoush along with a whole regular menu including pita wraps, plates and tons of other things. If you live in the area definitely go check them out! The staff has also been super friendly every time I have dined in or gotten take out. The dessert case housing the baklava and other tasty treats is adorable as well, an old antique glass and mirrors piece, too cute!
Happy eating!!!!
Xxx,
Cola
P.s. I'm writing this from mommy's iPad!! More work but very fun!

No comments: