Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dark...

I read a book a year or so ago called Let the Right One In by John Ajvide. It was beautiful! It's about a vampire, but like no other vampire book you have ever read. It's in a genre that is fairly new to me which is Swedish Horror. Very dark, very beautiful, very...Stieg Larsson (who wrote The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo), but fairy tale-ish. Anyways, I absolutely loved the book and one of my coworkers the other day recommended the movie. It was outstanding! I am not usually one to like movies made from books that I have already read, but this was such an accurate/wonderful representation of the original work that I can't help but love it. I made the mistake of watching the dubbed English version first, which was crap, but later I figured out how to watch the Swedish language with English subtitles version and it was much better!
I rented the movie from Video 21 over near Magnolia and Lafayette. If you haven't visited this video store, you need to go. They are one of the last video rental places left in town, and the coolest thing is that they have survived after all the chains in town have closed. They have a great selection including cult and foreign films.
Xxx,
Cola

No comments: