Monday, December 6, 2010

Can't put it down...

I can't put this graphic novel down! Y the Last Man is a series (maybe "storyarch?" is what Steve would call it, but I'm not sure :) about the last man, and his monkey, left alive on Earth after something kills all the males of every species. The artwork is beautiful, done by Pia Guerra and reminds me of the artist who did the Preacher graphic novel, Steve Dillon, who is also incredible. Preacher was the first graphic novel series I read. My wonderfully talented boyfriend Steve has been reading comics all his life and recommended them to me. I never thought I would pick up a graphic novel, but as it turns out I can't put them down once I start reading. I have always read books, mostly just regular literature, but I think graphic novels are an amazing blend of great writing and vivid artwork. The way the artists and writers work together to compliment both mediums is awesome. If you haven't ever at least picked one up and thumbed through it, I would take the time to do so. They are a great way to indulge in a quick read, or I find myself locking my door and burying my nose in them for days. To each his own, I guess :)
Sweet dreams...
Xxx,
Cola
P.s... I have my first acupuncture session tomorrow! Wish me luck!

No comments: